Our services to the community.
The Batticaloa YMCA has been successful in implementing varieties of programmes addressing the family and appropriate needs of the community. The main focus group being people at the grass root level and those who were affected by the three decades of on kgoing war in this part of the country and the Tsunami on 26th December 2004.
YMCA is proud of the fact that it is one of the most respected and accepted service organization in Batticaloa. Its long years of service activities brough in dividend by way of socio-economic upliftment to the needy and down trodden.
To mention a few service activities.
- Child Rights Programmes.
- Primary School Education.
- English Language Club.
- Sports and Recreational activities.
- Leadership development.
- Computer Literacy.
- Annual Bible Quiz.
- School for hearing impaired children.
- Shelter for tsunami victims.
- Shelter for war victims.
- Economic Empowerment of women through micro-financing.
- Small and medium scale entrepreneurship.
- Self motivated, responsible leadership.
- Awareness of the social responsibilities and decision making skills at all levels of family and society.
- Eliminating social stigmas, engraved on the women folk as second fiddles.
- Acquired self confidence, freedom and self reliance through socio-economic empowerment.
- The proud confident stake holders become active change agents in an unguided, impoverished society.
- YMCA through its work among various ethnic groups aims at peace and communal amity.